IBM Web Sphere App (WAS) Server Admin 7.X Training
The objective of this training course is to provide hands on the administrative view of IBM Web Sphere Application Server (WAS) Network Deployment. This covers basic aspects of WAS 7.0 application Servers.
After completion of this course, student will be proficient to install, configure, administer, support, maintain, and troubleshoot the WAS and associated components.
Duration: 40 Hrs
Days: 4 Weekends - 5 Hrs each on Sat & Sun
Course Type: Instructor Led - One-on-one
Resume Prep & Interview Tips at the end of the session.
Instructor will concentrate on most practical issues encountered in work environment.
Components and Architecture:
• Relationship between HTTP Server, App Server, plug-in, firewall, database servers MQ, LB
• WAS products, components
• Administrative purpose of Network
deployment, App Server, WLM, failover strategies, portal concepts
Installation & Configuration:
• Install – GUI and silent and troubleshoot the
• J2EE, EAR files, Application installations, Resource adapters, MQ
Load management, Migration strategies:
• Cluster creations, failover strategies ; Migration techniques from WAS 5 to WAS 6.1 and WAS 6 to 7.x
• Admin Roles, Application Roles, SSL, Enabling Global Security
• Performance tuning of WAS, tuning connection pools, PMI setting up , jvm heap size stuff.
Maintenance, Troubleshooting and migration
• Backup/restore WAS configuration, plug-in configurations,
• Log analyzing, trace settings, problem determination, thread dump and heap
dump, and java core analyzing